Star Platforms is one of the fastest-growing powered access hire companies in the UK. Our Head Office is in Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire, and we currently have seven depots across the company – North-West, Kent, Luton, Reading, Midlands, Anglia, and South-West.
We are looking to recruit a Technical Director who will lead our engineering department. This is a key role within the company to manage and oversee all operations and aspects of the Engineering department.
You should have a strong engineering background, and leadership, communication, strategic thinking, and project management skills.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage and monitor all engineering department operations.
- Establish strategies that aim to improve overall business success.
- Develop and implement a long-term vision of the engineering department and set goals for the team, including developing a suite of KPI’s.
- Lead, motivate, inspire, and guide the engineering team to achieve high performance.
- Plan, organise, manage, and supervise engineering projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget.
- Recruitment/performance management of team members.
- Ensure Star Platforms customers receive the absolute best & most reliable equipment in the UK powered access rental marketplace.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- 5+ years of working experience working in a senior management position within a plant hire or construction environment, or other relevant industry.
- Experience of managing a department across a multi-site organisation
- In-depth knowledge/understanding of engineering practices and processes.
- Outstanding leadership and motivation skills.
- A proven background in engineering with an understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Good problem-solving/contingency planning skills with the ability to find quick, innovative, and practical solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to adapt your style to suit different audiences.
- Excellent consultancy, communication, delegation, and relationship management skills.
- Project management skills
The person is ideally located in the centre of the country to be able to travel to all depots when required.