Based in our Luton head office depot (Nr Dunstable, Beds), we require an experienced service engineer (either mobile or depot based) to support the team in the provision of outstanding customer service. Your role will include attending breakdowns on customer sites (if a mobile engineer) reporting customer damage and dealing with warranty issues as required. This is an exciting opportunity to join the service department in one of the fastest growing powered access hire companies in the UK.
The key responsibilities of a Service Engineer include, but are not limited to:
• Carrying out pre-delivery inspections (PDIs), servicing, LOLER inspections, repairs, and maintain our fleet of rental equipment
• Ensuring servicing, maintenance and inspections of fleet is in line with manufacturer specification, company policy and relevant legislation
• Being an ambassador for Health and Safety standards and ensuring that best safe working practices are adhered to always; and reporting all accidents/incidents as required
• Maintaining the Workshop in a clean and safe manner, ensuring any equipment used is safely returned
• Ensuring complete and accurate records are kept of all services, checks and repairs
• Communicating effectively with the engineering team and hire office to make sure that the depot maintains maximum machine availability
• Dependent on skillset this may be a mobile role
Star Platforms offer a UK wide powered access hire service including a comprehensive range of scissor lifts, cherry pickers and low-level platforms. We also sell new and used equipment from the world’s leading manufacturers including Skyjack, Genie, Haulotte, JLG, Manitou and Power Towers. As an IPAF accredited provider, we offer a range of training courses which instruct an operator how to safely use powered access equipment and obtain a Powered Access Licence.
The benefits of being a Service Engineer are:
• Competitive salary + contributory pension scheme + company profit share scheme
• 25 days holiday, plus extra day for your birthday, plus the usual bank holidays
• Health cash plan, life assurance and, if applicable, a suitable company van amongst other things
The key skills and qualities of a Service Engineer:
• Ideally relevant experience or qualifications within the powered access industry eg CAP, IPAF and manufacturer courses
• Those with experience as a general plant fitter or within the forklift industry would be considered.
• The ability to diagnose and repair faults on electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
• Strong awareness and time-management skills, able to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure in an ever-changing demanding hire environment
• Excellent communication skills and an understanding of the importance of providing excellent customer service
• A dedication to their trade and constantly looking to learn and improve
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please send your CV, or return a completed application form, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view the Star Platforms’ Job Applicant Privacy Notice.