Working within our busy office near Dunstable (Luton), you will be responsible for all aspects of customer service and sales, including: the negotiating and conversion of hire/sale enquiries.
Role and responsibilities:
- Maximise hire/sale opportunities whilst dealing with customers via inbound/outbound calls and emails.
- Proactive outbound sales activities, such as: chasing open quotes (daily), following up prospective customers and conducting sales campaigns on targeted areas/products.
- Negotiate and convert hire enquiries into orders and maximise all additional cross-selling opportunities.
- Interpret and identify the best access solution for customers’ requirements, ensuring accurate real-time capture of information.
- Provide customers with the highest standard of customer service and a positive response at all times.
- Deal with all customer queries efficiently, managing disputes and complaints through to resolution.
- Ensure compliance to Star Platforms quality, health, safety and environmental policies and standards.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a sales/hire office or customer service role (preferably in the hire industry, but training will be provided).
- An excellent telephone manner and good interpersonal skills with the ability to build a rapport with customers, suppliers and other team members alike.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels.
- The ability to read and understand product specifications and learn key features of machines, and to relate to user applications (product training will be provided).
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise within a busy office environment.
- A confident and positive can-do attitude.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (including: Outlook/Word/Excel) are essential, as well as basic mathematics to be able to calculate customer quotations.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus an extra day for your birthday, plus the bank holidays
- Company profit share scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Life assurance
- Free parking
To apply for this position please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view the Star Platforms’ Job Applicant Privacy Notice.