Working within our busy head office near Dunstable/Luton, you will be responsible for all aspects of customer service and sales including the negotiating and conversion of hire/sale enquiries.
Role and responsibilities:
- Maximise hire-sales opportunities, dealing with customers via inbound & outbound calls and emails.
- Proactive outbound sales activities such as chasing open quotes (daily), following up prospective customers and sales campaigns on targeted areas/products.
- Negotiate and convert hire enquiries into orders and maximise all additional cross-selling opportunities.
- Interpret & identify the best access solution for customers’ requirements, ensuring accurate real time capture of information.
- Provide customers with the highest standard of customer service and positive response at all times.
- Deal with all customers queries efficiently, managing disputes & complaints through to resolution.
- Ensure compliance to Star Platforms quality, health, safety and environmental policies and standards.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a sales/hire office or customer service role (preferably in the hire industry but training will be provided).
- An excellent telephone manner and good interpersonal skills with the ability to build a rapport with customers, suppliers and other team members alike.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels.
- The ability to read & understand product specifications and learn key features of machines, and to relate to user applications (product training will be provided).
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise within a busy office environment.
- A confident and positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Good knowledge of MS Office including Outlook/Word/Excel are essential, as well as basic mathematics to be able to calculate customer quotations.
What’s on Offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days Holidays plus extra day for birthday plus usual bank holidays
- Company profit share scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Free Parking
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please send your CV, or return a completed application form, to: email@example.com.
Please click here to view the Star Platforms’ Job Applicant Privacy Notice.