Working within our busy office near Dunstable/Luton, you will be part of our Operations Desk team primarily responsible for the effective planning of transport movements and fleet allocation. You will work closely with the Sales Desk team to facilitate as many orders as possible whilst ensuring a high level of service to our customers.
Role and responsibilities will include:
- Work within the operations desk team, ensuring all company goals, policies and KPI’s are adhered to
- Ensure transport routing is planned to meet order requirements, and as efficiently as possible, liaising with drivers throughout the day as required
- Ensure own hire fleet is being fully utilised, reviewing the daybook daily for opportunities to place our equipment on longer hires and to exchange own kit for cross-hire equipment when commercially viable
- Update engineering department with machines required for next day/future bookings
- Ensure machines only go on hire following a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)
- Execute general office tasks such as order processing, quotes, etc. together with the wider team
- Handle all calls and emails professionally, always providing customers with the highest standard of customer service and positive response
- Work closely with the wider team to provide and smooth and cohesive solution to providing the best service and fulfilling orders
- Deal with all customers queries efficiently, managing disputes & complaints through to resolution
- Ensure compliance to Star Platforms quality, health, safety and environmental policies and standards
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in an operational / logistics role (preferably in the hire industry but training will be provided)
- An excellent telephone manner and good interpersonal skills with the ability to build a rapport with customers, suppliers and other team members alike
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise within a busy office environment, whilst ensuring attention to detail
- The ability to read & understand product specifications and learn key features of machines, and to relate to user applications (product training will be provided)
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise with deadlines throughout the day
- A confident and positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Good knowledge of MS Office including Outlook/Word/Excel are essential, as well as basic mathematics to be able to calculate truck load capacities, customer quotations/discounts, etc.
Reports to: The Logistics Manager
What’s on Offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days Holidays plus extra day for birthday plus usual bank holidays
- Company profit share scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Free Parking
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please send your CV, or return a completed application form, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view the Star Platforms’ Job Applicant Privacy Notice.