Are you an access engineer looking for a change? Or maybe you’re a mechanical engineer with experience in hydraulic or electrical systems? If so, Star Platforms may just have the perfect opportunity for you!
Our depot in Coalville, Leicestershire is growing and therefore we are looking for a service engineer to join our team, either mobile or depot based. We are looking for someone who has the same eye for detail and quality as us, as well as great customer service with a drive to deliver first-class service from start to finish. Star Platforms are proud of the quality of our machines, with an average fleet age of just 18 months, therefore our service engineers should strive to keep our fleet in the best condition possible.
By joining Star Platforms, one of the fastest-growing powered access hire companies in the UK, you will not only be taking on a new job, but you will also be taking your career to the next level. We will provide you with all the necessary training and equipment to be successful in your role, and work with you to identify future development and career advancement opportunities.
- You are an experienced access or mechanical engineer with experience in working with hydraulic or electrical systems
- You have general mechanical experience with the ability to diagnose and repair faults on electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
- You pride yourself on having excellent communication skills and an understanding of the importance of providing excellent customer service
- You can prioritise tasks and work well under pressure in an ever-changing demanding hire environment
- You may have relevant experience or qualifications within the powered access industry e.g CAP, IPAF and manufacturer courses (desirable – training provided for the right candidate)
- You are dedicated to your trade and are constantly looking for ways to learn and improve yourself
An average day as a Service Engineer:
- Interacting with our customers daily, you will be the face of Star Platforms for many of them, being the first port-of-call for repairs and maintenance on our machines
- You will carry out pre-delivery inspections (PDIs), servicing, LOLER inspections, repairs, and maintain our fleet of rental equipment
- Service, maintain and inspect our fleet, to ensure they are in line with manufacturer specifications, company policy and relevant legislation
- As an ambassador for Health and Safety standards you will ensure that best safe working practices are adhered to always. As well as reporting accidents/incidents
- Maintain the workshop in a clean and safe manner, you will ensure any equipment used is safely returned
- Keep complete and accurate records of all services, checks and repairs
- Report customer damage and warranty issues
- You will communicate effectively with the engineering team and hire office to make sure that the depot maintains maximum machine availability
If you are keen on joining our exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please apply now to find out more.