Operations Support - Transport (Luton)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support our Operations Team, based at the Head Office near Luton/Dunstable.
As a growing company that prides itself on providing the best service, we are always working on new ways of improving every aspect of our Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
To provide a comprehensive administrative service supporting the transport department and assisting in the effective planning of transport movements and fleet allocation and contributing to the achievement of Company goals. Utilising your business all-rounder approach, you will ensure that all business operations are handled efficiently.
- Be an ambassador for Health and Safety compliance and standards
- Chase any outstanding cross-hire returns and process on Syrinx
- Collate all driver run sheets from depots and process machine returns on Syrinx
- Collate daily cross-hire ETA’s
- Ensure transport routing is planned to meet order requirements, and as efficiently as possible, liaising with drivers throughout the day as required
- To support the Company in the provision of outstanding customer service
- Process off-hires including any cross-hire off-hires
- Process cross-hire off-hires with suppliers
- Cross-reference details on Trello against hire contracts on Syrinx
- Monitor all rehires and look for appropriate exchange opportunities
- Validate depot stock checks, cross-referencing and updating Syrinx
- Process and distribute daily Company reports
- Process inbound emails
- Answer inbound phone calls within Company target
- General admin/filing
The ideal candidate/s will have
- Minimum of a GCSE grade C or equivalent in Maths and English
- Previous experience in an office environment
- Excellent telephone manner and good interpersonal skills with the ability to build a rapport with customers, suppliers and other team members alike.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise within a busy office environment.
- Confident and positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel are essential)
- A strong work ethic, willing to go the extra mile to support colleagues and customers alike
Benefits & Rewards
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extra day holiday on your birthday
- Company profit share scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free parking