Due to the expansion of our transport fleet, we are currently seeking an HGV Class 2 qualified driver to work out of our Kent depot carrying out deliveries and collections in a safe, compliant, and professional manner. We offer sociable hours with no overnight stays or late evenings, providing you with a work/life balance. You will be driving a 32t HGV rigid with no national or long-haul deliveries.
Star Platforms is one of the fastest-growing powered access hire companies in the UK. With six depots, a modern fleet of hire equipment and the latest purpose-built HGVs, this is an excellent opportunity for a class 2 driver to join our team.
Role and responsibilities:
- To deliver and collect powered access equipment (cherry pickers and scissor lifts) in a safe professional manner
- To ensure security of load when loading/unloading, transporting and delivering equipment
- To carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks
- To be an ambassador for the Company ensuring Health and Safety standards and best safe working practices are adhered to always
The ideal candidate will:
- Ideally have previous experience of multi-drops
- Preferably have previous experience in transporting, loading and unloading plant/construction equipment. However full training will be provided for the right candidate
- Understand the importance of excellent customer service
- Have the ability to work well under pressure
Required licences or certifications:
- HGV Class 2 licence
- Digital Tacho Card
- Driver CPC