We are looking for a class 2 National relief driver to carry out deliveries and collections in a safe, compliant, and professional manner. The ideal candidate will be looking for variety and be willing to travel (accommodation will be provided where necessary) to cover the dispatch areas of up to Seven of our depot locations.
Role and responsibilities:
- To deliver and collect powered access equipment (cherry pickers and scissor lifts) in a safe professional manner.
- To ensure the security of the load when loading/unloading, transporting, and delivering equipment
- To carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks
- To be an ambassador for the Company ensuring Health and Safety standards and best safe working practices are adhered to always.
- Luton depot – serves Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, and London
- Reading depot – serves Reading, including Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Oxfordshire & Wiltshire
- Kent depot – serves the Southeast, including Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex, Essex, and Surrey
- Midland’s depot – serves Midlands, including Nottingham, Leicester, Birmingham & Derby
- East Anglia depot – serves Norfolk, Suffolk, and Cambridgeshire
- Southwest depot – serves Somerset, Devon & Dorset
- Northwest – Warrington
The ideal candidate will:
- Ideally have previous experience of multi-drops/staying away
- Preferably have previous experience in transporting, loading, and unloading plant/construction equipment. However full training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Understand the importance of excellent customer service.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure.
Required licences or certifications:
- HGV Class 2 licence
- Digital Tacho Card
- Driver CPC